I think I’ve only used my gilded leafing once before this time. It’s really shiny but gets everywhere, kind of like glitter, so be prepared. When you first open the container of leafing, make sure you have a bigger container to hold it because it’s not going back in the tiny container. 🙂
- I cut a piece of basic white cardstock to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ and scored it at 4 1/4″.
- I used the background die from the Two-Tone Flora die set and die cut one side of the cardstock. This die requires a few passes through the machine to get all of the intricate pieces cut.
- Next I cut a piece of adhesive sheet to put on the inside on the side I didn’t die cut, removed the backing paper, then I closed along the scored line.
- So now I have a 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ panel and adhesive in all of the openings of the die cut. I put this on a scrap piece of paper and start rubbing the gilded leafing all over it with my fingers. I also pulled out an old stencil brush to get it into all the tiny holes.
- I cut the panel to be more like 4 1/8″ x 5 1/2″ to center the die cut and put it on a piece of 4 1/4″ x ~5 3/4″ Cherry Cobbler cardbase. (I put the piece on the cardbase and cut the bottom to have a more even border.
For the sentiment, I stamped using Versamark ink, sprinkled some Heat & Stick powder on it, used my heat tool to activate the stickyness, then rubbed the gilded leafing over it with my finger. This way the golds match.
Blog Hop Roll
JoAnn Pollock (you are here)
Stamp Sets – Celebrating You
Die Cutting & Embossing – Stylish Shapes & Two-Tone Flora dies
Ink – Versamark
Paper – Basic White & Cherry Cobbler cardstock
Accents & Embellishments – Pearl Basic Jewels, Gilded Leafing
Coloring Tools – Heat & Stick powder
Tools – Paper Trimmer, Simply Scored, Bone Folder, Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine, Take Your Pick, Heat tool
Adhesive – Stampin’ SEAL, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Adhesive Sheets
Click here for links.
#stampinup #cardmaking #jpollockdesigns #handmadecards #handmadecard #GDPwinner #CelebratingYouStampinUp #CelebratingYouStampSet #CelebratingYou