Click on the image to go to the original post.
This is the last project in my From My Heart series. I showed how to make this card at Demos Galore and we made it at my last Cookies & Cards class. I punched the heart out of the From My Heart Specialty Designer Series paper and I like how it is on the inside and outside.
|Whisper White Thick Cardstock||4 ¼” x 11”, scored at 5 ½” (cardbase); 2 ½” x ¾”|
|Whisper White Cardstock||4” x 7 3/8”; score at ½”, 2”, flip, 3 ½”|
|Flirty Flamingo||4 ¼” x 5 ½”|
|From the Heart Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP)||1” x 5 ½”, heart|
- Attach the 1” strip of DSP to the Flirty Flamingo cardstock and emboss. Cut to 4” x 5 ¼”.
- Attach Flirty Flamingo embossed panel to front of cardbase. Insert the bottom of the cardbase all the way into the upside-down Scalloped Heart punch so that it is lined up with the fold line along the left side of the punch. Gently turn over and place on table to punch.
- Attach the large section of the Whisper White piece on the non-punched side inside cardbase with a small border. Use liquid glue on small section and attach above and below hear punch out.
- Punch out heart from DSP. Attach the left side of the heart only to inside piece of whisper white through the heart hole.
- Add ribbon with tear & tape.
- Use the Banner Triple Punch on the piece of Thick Whisper White and stamp sentiment in Real Red ink. Attach to cardbase using dimensionals.
- Using liquid glue, add facet gems to the front of the card.
Happy “early” St. Patrick’s day! I saved this card as late as I could. 🙂 I was inspired to make this card by a card I saw created by Kathleen Small Clark. I used my Stamparatus to get the hearts as perfectly placed as I could. It’s really hard to see but the white cardstock behind the vellum is embossed with the Parisian Flourish 3D embossing folder.
I wanted to make a background with a stamp from the set. I repeatedly stamped the heart image, embossed with the Tin Tile 3D embossing folder, and inked with Crumb Cake. The sentiment heart was embossed with the Parisian Flourish 3D embossing folder, inked with Crumb Cake, and then I sprayed a mixture of the Frost White Shimmer Paint and alcohol on it for some glimmer.
This card was inspired by Amusing Michelle. She made a flower out of hearts and I thought it was fabulous.
I saw a post by Beverlee Morales in a demonstrator Facebook post where she used the heart doilies to make a ladybug on top of the heart shaped tins. How adorable! I had to make one.
I found a card by Erica Cerwin that used a heart as a strawberry and I knew I had to make one. What a genius idea! I created the seeds just using a black marker, the green top is from the Bouquet Bunch dies, and the wood grain background is from the Pinewood Planks embossing folder that I inked with Early Espresso before embossing.
Terri Gaines showed us how to make this box at a Stampin’ Up! gathering in January. (You can check it out on her blog post from 2/6/2020.) I did alter the score lines for the box to be at 7 5/8″ and 8 3/4″ instead of her 7 3/4″ and 8 7/8″ but I think it really needs to be in between those but my scoring board doesn’t do that. 🙂
When I saw the faceted gems in this suite, I knew I had to make a shaker card. I took the time to set them all right side up before adding the window sheet on top. Unfortunately, I completely forgot to rub the embossing buddy along the edge of the foam adhesive strips to stop the gems from sticking to it. *sigh* Well, they still sparkle. 🙂
For my next card, I wanted to focus more on showing off the beautiful From My Heart Specialty Designer Series Paper. I love the foil additions.