This is something I’ve never done before but it really sounded like fun. I did a blind scrapbook challenge over on the Scrapbooking Global – Stampin’ Up! Facebook group.
Here are the instructions (edited for clarity):
- 12″ x 12″ Cardstock Base
- 4″ x 12″ Matching DSP
- 1-1/4″ X 12″ Cardstock Strip for border punch
- 4″ x 3″ Cardstock that matches DSP or layout Base
- 3-1/2″ x 2-1/4″ Cardstock that matches DSP or layout Base OR if you don’t want to journal you could add another photo 3-1/2″ x 2-1/4″
- Scraps of Whisper White Cardstock for sentiment
- Scraps of Whisper White Cardstock for large flower stamp
- Scraps of Whisper White Cardstock for 2 small stamped Hearts
- 40cm piece of matching ribbon
- Metallic Thread
- 1 Colored Doilies or Pearlized Doilies or retired doilies
- Wooden Embellishments – 1 leaf and 2 hearts or similar
- 2 Matching Classic Stampin’ Pads to your cardstock
- 2 Matching Ink Daubers to your cardstock
- 4″ x 6″ photo
- Adhesives – Tear & Tape, Snail, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals and Glue Dots
- Starting with your 12″ x 12″ cardstock base, stamp background with matching Classic Stampin’ Ink Pad. Stamp along the top left hand side, depending on the size of your background stamp you may have to stamp twice. (NOT GOING PAST THE MIDDLE POINT OF THE CARDSTOCK).
- Stamp background with matching Classic Stampin’ Ink Pad, stamp along the bottom right hand side, depending on the size of your background stamp you may have to stamp twice. (NOT GOING PAST THE MIDDLE POINT OF THE CARDSTOCK) – I missed this one.
- Cut your doily in half, stick one half under the top edge of your matching DSP approx. 1″ off the left hand side edge, now with the remaining half of the doily stick it approx. half way along under the bottom edge of your matching DSP.
- Next stick your matching DSP with Tear & Tape or Snail approx. 4-1/2″ down from the top of your 12 x 12 layout across the page. (You could distress/ink the edges of this piece if you desire.)
- Using your scraps of Whisper White cardstock, stamp your large flower stamp with your matching Classic Stampin’ Ink Pad. Cut out your flower with scissors, dies, or punch.
- Using your scraps of Whisper White cardstock, stamp 2 small hearts cut out with scissors, dies, or punch.
- If you want, ink the edges on the 4″ x 3″ cardstock and 3-1/2″ x 2-1/4″ cardstock. (If you don’t want to journal you could have another photo here.)
- With your 1-1/4″ x 12″ cardstock strip punch the bottom edge with any border punch or die and stick on with Tear & Tape or Snail to your matching DSP approx. half an inch off the bottom.
- Grab your photo, you could add a couple of mats if you want. Tie your ribbon around the photo.
- Grab your 3-1/2” X 2-1/4″ cardstock for your journaling block (which you may have distressed or inked) and add your journaling or you could have another photo here.
- Using your scraps of Whisper White cardstock for a sentiment, stamp a small sentiment.
- Stick your journaling block (or photo) with Tear & Tape or Snail to your distressed/inked 4″ x 3″ cardstock, leaving a small border on the bottom right hand side to stick your small sentiment. Add Tear & Tape to the back of this to stick under your photo.
- Stick one of the stamped hearts beside your small sentiment on your journaling block on the right hand side of sentiment with a Glue Dot or two.
- Now with your 4″ x 6″ photo, stick it on an angle between the 2 halves of the doily.
- Add your 2nd stamped heart above the photo.
- Add some Metallic Thread behind your stamped cut out large flower with some Glue Dots. Add to the bottom of the photo just overlapping your.
- Add your wooden leaf embellishment under your flower with a Glue Dot or two.
- Stick your 2 wooden heart embellishments with Glue Dots to the top left hand side of the photo.
- Stamp your large title underneath the DSP toward the right hand side of the edge of cardstock base using matching Classic Stampin’ Pads Ink.
- Add your pearls.
- Your layout is finished.
Here is how I interpreted it.
|141968||Letters For You Photopolymer Stamp Set|
|140653||Number of Years||Retired|
|140517||Timeless Textures Clear-Mount Stamp Set|
|140514||Timeless Textures Wood-Mount Stamp Set|
|143774||Eclectic Layers Big Shot Thinlits|
|141712||Large Letters Big Shot Framelits|
|140622||Large Numbers Big Shot Framelits||Retired|
|143751||Seasonal Layers Big Shot Thinlits|
|145372||Stitched Shapes Framelits|
|147002||Cardstock 12″ X 12″ Regals|
|146983||Cardstock 8-1/2″ X 11″ Gray Granite|
|140272||Cardstock 8-1/2″ X 11″ Whisper White Thick|
|147820||Festive Farmhouse Designer Series Paper||Coming 9/5|
|147083||Classic Stampin’ Pad Cherry Cobbler|
|146912||Ribbon Tulle Polka Dot 5/8″ Whisper White|
|103683||Mini Glue Dots|