Click on the image to go to the original post.
Rachel Tessman has a Zoom meeting for all of the Stampin’ Up! demonstrators in her group and she sent us a couple of make & takes. One of them was this fun fold that I haven’t done for a while. My card is 4 1/4″ x 10 7/8″, scored at 2 1/2″ and 6 3/4″. Her’s is 4 1/4″ x 12″, scored at 3 1/4″ and 7 3/4″.
This one is the make & take.
I thought my last Many Mates & Many Medallions card was just okay but this one I love. I pretty much love everything with Blackberry Bliss and shimmer paint. 🙂
I die cut the Many Medallions background from Blackberry Bliss and then used a makeup brush to ink it with Blackberry Bliss ink to make it a little darker. Then I sprayed it with a mixture of Frost White shimmer paint and alcohol to give it a shimmer. Again I forgot to use adhesive sheets so I put liquid glue on the back of the die cut to mount it on a piece of 4″ x 5 1/4″ Blackberry Bliss. I then popped it up on dimensionals before putting it on a Blackberry Bliss card base.
I used gold embossing powder for the sentiment and pulled out my gold foil sheets to add some more shine. The floral swirl is a hidden gem found in the the Well Written dies.
|154083||Many Mates Bundle|
|152633||Many Mates Stamp Set|
|151770||Layering Circles Dies|
|153584||Many Medallions Dies|
|151816||Well Written Dies|
|147092||Blackberry Bliss Classic Stampin’ Pad|
|102283||Versamark Stamp Pad|
|133675||Blackberry Bliss 8 1/2″ x 11″ Cardstock|
|132622||Gold Foil Sheets|
|147046||Frost White Shimmer Paint|
|109129||Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder|
|110755||Multipurpose Liquid Glue|
I really love background dies so I immediately bought the Many Mates & Many Medallions bundle. I was really hoping that the smaller borders would fit on the big die cut but I haven’t found a way for them to line up yet. Because I couldn’t line them up, I cut out each of the individual squares from one of the borders and placed them on the background.
I stamped the Happy Birthday in Blackberry Bliss and colored in using clear Wink of Stella. If you want to use Wink of Stella on these stamped sentiments, you should either wait longer than I did or emboss them because you can see my ink ran some.
I used liquid glue on the backs of the pieces but it would have been so much easier if I’d thought ahead and put adhesives sheets on the cardstock before die cutting.