I learned the faux metal etching technique from one of my favorites, Jennifer McGuire. I thought this would be a great way to use the cabin on a card in a class that doesn’t require everyone to share the watercolor pencils or Stampin’ Blends. I really like the look.
|150285||Rustic Retreat Cling Stamp Set|
|149596||Wrapped in Plaid Specialty Designer Series Paper|
|143751||Seasonal Layers Dies|
|145372||Stitched Shapes Dies|
|139673||Woodland Embossing Folder|
|149516||Timeless Label Punch|
|146981||Shaded Spruce 8 1/2″ x 11″ Cardstock|
|101650||Very Vanilla 8 1/2″ x 11″ Cardstock|
|147088||Shaded Spruce Classic Stampin’ Pad|
|102283||Versamark Stamp Pad|
|109130||Clear Stampin’ Emboss Powder|
|110755||Multipurpose Liquid Glue|
|Shaded Spruce Cardstock||5 ½” x 7 ¾”, scored at 4 ¼”,
3 ½” x 5 ½”
|Very Vanilla Cardstock||1 ½” x 2 ½”,
3” x 5 ¼”
|Wrapped in Plaid Designer Series Paper||1” x 5 ½”|
|Gold Foil||3” x 3”,
1 ½” x 3”
- Tap Embossing Buddy on Gold Foil before stamping house image with Versamark ink. Cover with clear embossing powder tapping off excess. Heat embossing powder with heat tool. Die cut with largest stitched square.
- Using Shaded Spruce ink, stamp sentiment on Very Vanilla cardstock and punch out using Timeless Label punch.
- Die cut two snowflakes from Gold Foil. (You may want to put double sided adhesive on the back of the Gold Foil before die cutting.)
- Using Woodland embossing folder, embossing Shaded Spruce piece.
- Fold card base. Using liquid glue, attach DSP to inside right and embossed piece to front.
- Attach die cut square and punched label to front of card using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Tuck snowflakes behind label. Add metallic pearls.