This is the first card we made at my last Cookies & Cards class. I’ve been wanting to make a buckle card like this since I got one in a swap last year.
Here is the swap card by Pat Frank that inspired me:
|151123||Free As A Bird Bundle Cling|
|149468||Free As A Bird Cling Stamp Set|
|149638||Stitched Nested Labels Dies|
|141491||Classic Label Punch|
|149592||Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper|
|122924||Pool Party 8 1/2″ x 11″ Cardstock|
|100730||Whisper White 8 1/2″ x 11″ Cardstock|
|140272||Whisper White 8 1/2″ x 11″ Thick Cardstock|
|132708||Tuxedo Black Memento Stamp Pad|
|146866||Petal Pink Light Stampin’ Blends|
|144595||Pool Party Light Stampin’ Blends|
|146874||Soft Suede Light Stampin’ Blends|
|148561||Gingham Gala Adhesive-Backed Sequins|
|110755||Multipurpose Liquid Glue|
|Pool Party Cardstock||5 ½” x 7, scored at 4 ¼”; 1 ½” x 5 ½”, scored at 4”|
|Whisper White Thick Cardstock||2 ½” x 3 ¾”|
|Whisper White Cardstock||4” x 5 ¼”|
|Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper (DSP)||2 ½” X 5 ¼”, 1 ½” X 5 ¼”|
- Adhere the 2 ½” x 5 ¼” piece of DSP to the short side of the card base. Slide the Classic Label punch in about ¼” to ½” above the bottom and punch.
- Adhere the small side of the small piece of Pool Party to the inside of the card base making sure the 4” side fits through the punched hole on the front of the card.
- Adhere the small piece of DSP to the edge of the Whisper White cardstock and add to the inside of the card so the DSP shows.
- Stamp the bird and hello on the piece of Thick Whisper White using Memento ink and color with the blends. Die cut with the labels.
- Tuck the 4” piece of Pool Party through the punched hole. Adhere the die cut bird piece using Stampin’ Dimensionals so that it is centered between the punched hole and the edge of the card.
- Add sequins.