For the first card at my last Cookies & Cards class, we made a recessed panel card using the Animal Outing stamp set and Animal Expedition Designer Series Paper. Since the animals were cut from the paper and I only had one pack there are two versions.
One version with the rhino:
And one with the kangaroo:
|Whisper White Thick Cardstock||5 ½” x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”, 3 ¼” x 5 ½”, 1” x 3”|
|Basic Gray Cardstock||2 3/8” x 5 ½”, 1 1/8” x 5 ½”, 2 ¾” x 2 ¾”|
|Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock||2 ¾” x 2 ¾”|
|Animal Expedition Designer series paper||1” x 5 ½”, animals from sheets|
- Die cut an animal from the Animal Expedition Designer Series Paper.
- Die cut the circles from Lemon Lime Twist and Basic Gray cardstock.
- Emboss the piece of Whisper White Thick cardstock. Cut off an inch.
- Adhere the embossed Whisper White Thick cardstock to the Basic Gray cardstock leaving 1/8” of the Basic Gray showing where you cut.
- Adhere the piece of Animal Expedition Designer Series Paper 1” from the right of the card base.
- Using Stampin’ Dimensionals, adhere the Whisper White/Basic Gray panels aligned with the edges of the card and the Basic Gray over the Animal Expedition Designer Series Paper.
- Using the Triple Banner Punch, punch the 1” strip of Whisper White. Using Basic Gray, stamp sentiment on the strip and adhere behind the animal. Adhere to the circles.
- Place dimensionals in the opening and attach the circles.
This is the same layout I did with the butterflies before.