For this card I did the Northern Lights technique. How did I not hear about this until a month or so ago?!!! I thought it was the perfect background for the little Eskimo child in the Cookie Cutter Christmas stamp set. To learn how to do the technique, I googled it and watched a couple of YouTube videos. I watched this one, and this one, and this one, and well, you may want to google it yourself…there are sooo many out there.
I chose to use stamping sponges and the ink I had on my table to create my card. The little bit of green on the side came from the Daffodil Delight and Tempting Turquoise mixing. For the child, I paper pieced the clothes by stamping on the Candy Cane Lane Designer Series Paper, cutting it out and adhering to the image. I colored in the legs with the Early Espresso Marker and the mittens with Real Red. I also used clear Wink of Stella on the hood but it doesn’t show up well in the photo.
Offer Dates: August 11–October 10, 2016
Offer Details: When you use promo code “BOGO” at PaperPumpkin.com, you’ll pay the regular price of $19.95 and get your second month for FREE!
The Fine Print:
- IMPORTANT: Offer invalid if subscription is suspended or cancelled during the first two months. In other words, subscribers cannot cancel or suspend their subscription during their first two months—if they do, the offer is void. Make sure your customers know that they can’t put their subscription on hold or cancel until after the first two full months.
- After the first two months, the subscription will continue for $19.95 + tax per month (shipping included) unless cancelled or suspended. Ends October 10, 2016.
- This offer is open to first-time subscribers only.
- Not valid on prepaid subscriptions.
- Ends October 10, 2016 (the last day to subscribe and get the October kit).