Oops, I never got the weekly deals posted last week. Well just for that, I’m posting the instruction sheet for one of the cards we are making at the September 26th class. The email will come out once September is here but you can start getting excited. 🙂
|Very Vanilla||5 ½” x 8 ½” scored at 4 ¼”|
|Basic Black||5 3/8” x 4 1/8”|
|Watercolor paper||First cut to 6” x 4 ½” then later to 5 ¼” x 4”|
- Cut the sheet of watercolor paper in half to be 6” x 4 ½” and use painters tape all around the edges to adhere it to a tile or some hard surface you can move.
- Using the Aqua Painter, squeeze the water out and wet the entire surface of the paper.
- Add 5 or so drops of the Mint Macaron ink refill to the inside top of the Mint Macaron stamp pad. Pick this color up and starting at the bottom of the watercolor paper, drag the Aqua Painter side to side applying the ink. You keep repeating this until the background is as dark as you want. Always starting at the bottom to keep the ombre look. Set aside to dry.
- Once the watercolor paper is dry, remove it from the tile and cut down to 5 ¼” x 4”.
- Run the Embossing Buddy over the surface and then stamp the “Thank You” in the lower right corner in VersaMark ink. Cover with black embossing powder and use the heat tool to melt.
- Tie the linen thread around the watercolor paper putting the ends through the button and tying a bow. Use a mini glue dot to adhere the button to the watercolor paper to keep it in place.
- Adhere the watercolor paper to the Basic Black layer. Use lots of adhesive if it’s not flattened out.
- Adhere the panel to the Very Vanilla card base.
And here are the Weekly Deals: